The following fireplace technical information has been compiled to help you make your choice of fireplace an easy one.
This is likely to be one of the more expensive additions you make to your home and we hope that with the following information it will be an alteration you will be pleased with for years to come.
Reassurance before you choose your Capital fireplace.
All cast iron products are manufactured in ISO 9001 accredited manufacturing facilities.
All the gas fires we supply are tested in accordance with CE requirements and are CE marked.
Due to the manufacturing processes all measurements are approximate and may vary slightly so allow for a tolerance of ±10mm.
The colours shown in the brochures are as accurate as possible, but if the colour you require is critical then please consult your retailer before basing all your decisions on the colours shown here.
Gas fires with a gas input of 6.9kw or less do not normally require air vents. There are some circumstance where vents may be required. This is determined by your installer carrying out a spillage test during the commissioning process. if your chosen fire has a gas input greater than 6.9kw, a vent from outside will be required. Please ask your retailer for further information.
There are occasions when designs, or products are altered or discontinued without prior notice (a reserved right), so if you are about to set your heart on a particular fireplace, please consult your retailer before making that final commitment.
Focus on fireplace quality & after care
Reassurance before you commit to the installation of your Capital fireplace.
All installations must be carried out in accordance with the requirements set out in the building regulation documents, in particular, approved document J. There are independent bodies which have been approved to carry out installations in accordance with these regulations. for gas installations the most recognised independent body is Gas Safe. please confirm with your retailer that your new fireplace will be installed appropriately. If you have your new fireplace fitted by a Gas Safe registered fitter you will be given a certificate stating that your installation has been carried out in accordance with the building regulations. If you do not have one of these certificates then you will have to arrange for your local building control officer to inspect your installation and approve it.
Understanding your new Capital fireplace, its aftercare and maintenance.
A gas fire is a technical piece of equipment and, just like a gas boiler needs regular servicing. please ensure that you have your gas fire serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered installer. this will help you enjoy safe and trouble free enjoyment of your fireplace for years to come. For the chrome and bronze finishes please do not use an abrasive polish as this will remove the plating. simply use a lint free cloth with a non-abrasive, water-free polish for these products. the solid brass products may be polished using proprietary products.
- Capital Stone and Marble Fireplace Mantel Instructions
- Sovereign Stone Fireplace Mantel Instructions
Chamber & Beam Instructions
- Principal 405, Imperial 405, Quadrical 405, Essence 405 Instructions
- Traditional Instructions
- Sigma 490 & 790, Scene 490 & 790 Instructions
- Triton 450 and Volan 750 Glass Instructions
- Qube 450 Instructions
- Sierra Inset Instructions
- Aquila 450 and Corvus 450 Instructions
- Tucana 600 Instructions
- Bespoke decorative gas burner Fire Instructions
- Decorative Open Fronted Fire Instructions
- Glass Fronted Convector Slide control (class 1) Fire Instructions
- Open Fronted Convector Slide control (class 1) Fire Instructions
- Open Fronted Convector Slide control (class 2) Fire Instruction
- Greencast Full Depth Open Fronted Instructions
- Greencast Full Depth Glass Fronted Instructions
- Greencast Slimline Open Fronted Instructions
- Greencast Slimline Glass Fronted Instructions
- Greencast Balance Flue Instructions
Vision Trimline Fires
- TL73, 100 & 120 Frame Fitting Instructions
- TL73H 915, 915 1R & 3R Slip Instructions
- TL37H Parrona 1R Slip Instructions